httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ronald Park <r...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: re-do of proxy request body handling - ready for review
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:46:47 GMT
True, the client and the proxying server are tied up intrinsically.
I used the wrong wording to name who would benefit.  I meant that
the server providing the proxied content (the 'other' server; the
one not directly talking to the client) could be done and on it's
way doing other work while the first two finish their dance.

In this picture:

C, the client, makes a request to A which proxies it to P.  A & P
can do their exchange independant of C & A. If A-P can be done fast,
but C-A is slow, then P's wasting resource, no?

Ron

--
Ronald Park <ronp@cnet.com>