httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Make --with-program-name NOT rename httpd.conf, but DO rename httpd.pid
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:13:32 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> No, this makes no sense, if I build httpd13 and httpd2 I expect
> two different conf files.

Then, how do you manage the other files that apache installs into the same
directory as httpd.conf ?

And, what do you do about the pidfiles, which both default to
/var/run/httpd.pid ?
(Possibly, you just use the config file to change one, but I'd rather my
httpd package have workable compiled-in defaults, not ones which _need_
runtime fixup.

Max.