httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4GB File size limit
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:24:01 GMT
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:03:16 +0000, mfbscs@mchsi.com <mfbscs@mchsi.com> wrote:
> I need apache to serve up files greater than 4GB. Currently, even with large
> files enabled, it will not serve a file over 4GB on either windows or linux.
> When doing so, it shows the file size as being the original size mod 4GB. Ex:
> if the file is 4.2GB, when you go to download it, it says the file is 0.2GB.

APR 1.0, and thus Apache 2.1-dev, uses a 64-bit file offset on 32-bit
Unix-ish platforms which implement the LFS standard.  So the upcoming
Apache 2.2 release will handle large files by default on modern
Unix-ish platforms.

I believe there is a way to build Apache 2.0.x to use 64-bit file
offsets, but that isn't the default build.