httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C-L or T-E: chunked for proxied request bodies
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:28:54 GMT
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:31:36 -0800 (PST), Justin Erenkrantz
<justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> Turning on sendchunks by default is going to result in broken behavior on
> all sorts of popular sites:

I believe you, though there are plenty of chunks-are-beautiful
scenarios as well.  Also, there is a limit to regression since new
logic can preserve the existing C-L and stream the request body when
there is no input filter.

I don't mind greatly changing the pseudo-code I mentioned earlier to
default to spooling the request body in order to compute the C-L.  The
bulk of the logic should be able to handle either preference.  But I
will add some logic to check if the client sent us chunks, in which
case we'll send the origin server chunks as well.  (I really want to
avoid the spooling if at all possible.)

FWIW, it seems likely that I'll have a barely tested patch in the next 24 hours.