httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: Permissions
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:54:09 GMT
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Jason Rigby wrote:

> Allow from all computers on the Internet,
> Deny from the 10.x.x.x subnet,
> Allow from a particular IP address within the 10.x.x.x subnet (ie

Sure, it's possible.  Normally this is the kind of question that would be
answered on the users's mailing list, but it would take me just as much
time to tell you to go ask your question over there as it would to simply
answer it.  So here goes.  :)

Order deny,allow
Deny from
Allow from

And you're done.  :)  As you can see from the Order documentation
(, order
deny,allow has a default of "allow".  Any client which does not match a
Deny directive or does match an Allow directive will be allowed access to
the server.  So you don't have to specify "Allow from all" explicitly, and
that's the key to your puzzle.

Hope this helps,

View raw message