httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Working on some load balancing methods
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:52:09 GMT
I'm currently working on code that extended the lb method
within the 2.1/2.2 proxy from what is basically a
weighted request count to also be a weighted
traffic count (as measured by bytes transferred)
and a weighted "load" count (as measured by response
time). The former is further along and the methods
will be selectable at runtime... This is definitely
a scratch I'm itching, but before I spend too much
(additional) time on it, I'd like some feedback
on whether the concept is one we can all get behind.

I am also toying with the idea of supporting
a CPU load method when the origin servers are
Apache via a custom response header...