httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Rigby <sirjas...@gmail.com>
Subject Permissions
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:06:50 GMT
As far as I can see, in apache, the configuration described below is
impossible (or possible however requires a whole lot of lines of
configuration):

Allow from all computers on the Internet,
Deny from the 10.x.x.x subnet,
Allow from a particular IP address within the 10.x.x.x subnet (ie 10.0.0.14)

I can see this being done if you were to specify a very large amount
of deny directives after an "Allow from all" with Order allow,deny
however I do not see an easier way of doing this. If there is one I
would love to hear how (and if it is obvious, please spare me the
embarrassment and tell me nicely :P ), but if, as I suspect there is
no easier way, I would like to make the suggestion to incorporate a
method to accommodate this. I am no good at programming in C so I do
not have a clue of where to begin in this from a technical
perspective.

Thank you all, and sorry if I'm being ignorant in any way,
Jason

--

Go to this site and make moneys for nothing:
http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=F72476