httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Auth LDAP ssl/tls differences
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:44:03 GMT
At 05:19 PM 1/6/2005, Brad Nicholes wrote:

>>This doesn't mean that APR-util doesn't support the concept of
>starting
>>and stopping tls, it only means that util_ldap doesn't choose to use
>>this option.
>
>So we should probably split start_tls out from apr_ldap_ssl_init() into
>it's own API.  This way some other module or application built on top of
>apr-util will have the ability to start and stop TLS at will.

Can anyone provide an example of why this would be useful?  Otherwise
it makes sense just to have one API, and let the user choose the
flavor based on their server config (https://, or AuthLDAPClientTLS on).

Our job in apr-util is to make developers lives easier, not more
complicated, for the typical situations.

Bill