httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Bug with __stdcall modules on Windows
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:17:29 GMT
At 06:06 PM 1/4/2005, Andre Pang wrote:
>[...]
>This doesn't quite work however, because foo_handler is declared to be
>of the ap_HOOK_handler_t type.  Since the ap_HOOK_handler_t typedef is
>declared in the Apache headers files without __cdecl, the compiler
>type-checks ap_HOOK_handler_t as __stdcall (because the header files
>are included by the module, and since the module is compiled with
>__stdcall, any header declarations are also presumed to be __stdcall).

Let me make sure I understand; you build your module forcing
the /Gz option?

I'll consider the minimal semantics to force this to behave
(we have a set of macros, AP[...]_DECLARE_NONSTD) which should
actually handle this nicely, with the addition of __cdecl.

It's up to you to correctly declare your registered hook
entry points as __cdecl if you insist on the nonstandard /Gz
compiler option.

Bill