httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Modules\ssl Query
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 23:35:31 GMT
At 02:24 PM 1/2/2005, NormW wrote:
>Greetings All and best wishes for the New Year.
>Trying a build of the mod_ssl in Apache 2.1 head for NetWare on a Winbox (practice mostly)
and find there are two files with 'odd' extensions:

>  ssl_expr_parse.y
>  ssl_expr_scan.l
>
>both of which seem to be supplied from www.openssl.org, whose site does not show support
for Apache 2.

Nooooo... you want files generated from these sources.

>When I try to build using the NWGNUmakefile in the directory, 'make' wants to run yacc
against ssl_expr_parse.y, which, of course, fails. Even more strangely, if I remove these
two files from the directory, the build goes through to completion and I get mod_ssl.nlm at
the end.

Seriously?!?  bison is much better support and available.

>Anyone able to elaborate on what these two files are for and wether or not I really do
need to install yacc?

No, bison /y will do it.  Grab this toolchain;

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/