httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Warning from accept filters on startup
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:55:55 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> With trunk (r124972), I get these warnings on startup on the console:
>
> [Wed Jan 12 09:28:50 2005] [warn] (2)No such file or
>                      directory: Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
> [Wed Jan 12 09:28:50 2005] [warn] (2)No such file or
>                      directory: Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
>
> Any clue?  This is a FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE box.  -- justin

Before, this would silently fail.  This isn't 'bad' since not enabling
Accept Filters isn't horrible.  It just won't get the highest performance.

Resolutions:

- Add the HTTP Accept Filter FreeBSD kernel module (accf_http).

- Change the Log level for this to debug. (or don't even log it)

- The entire AcceptFilter/TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT code needs to be refactored
to properly work with different protocols.

The nntp tests are currently failing on -trunk, since nntp servers must
send data first.  We need a way to identify the protocol for each socket
at startup, we currently do this at runtime.

-Paul