httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r124187 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ldap/util_ldap.c
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:56:23 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Based on your new schema, don't you mean
> +        apr_ldap_init(r->pool, &(ldc->ldap),
> +                      ldc->host, (ldc->secure==1)?LDAPS_PORT:LDAP_PORT,
>                        ldc->secure, &(result));

This has ended up becoming ldc->secure == APR_LDAP_OPT_TLS_HARD (which
equates to 1) after the STARTTLS patch was applied.

>>+        result = ldap_simple_bind_s(ldc->ldap,
>>+                                    (char *)ldc->binddn,
>>+                                    (char *)ldc->bindpw);
>

> Casts?!?  Outch.  Is this purely for const'ness?

It is - is there a better way to do this?

The openldap SDK originally threw no warnings on my MacOS X machine,
however building it under the Solaris SDK shipped with Solaris v2.8
threw warnings about const'ness all over the show :(

It seems the two SDKs require different const'ness, unless the MacOS
machine is supressing warnings and the Solaris machine is not.

Regards,
Graham