httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Working on some load balancing methods
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:44:00 GMT

On Jan 11, 2005, at 4:20 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> --On Saturday, January 8, 2005 10:43 PM +0000 Ben Laurie
>> <ben@algroup.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Errr... mod_backhand?
>> mod_backhand doesn't support Apache 2.x:
>> <http://www.backhand.org/mod_backhand/FAQ.shtml#question0>
>
> Port it?

I think that we can come much further along with extending
the lb capability in proxy... For more sophisticated and
demanding environments, an external lb mechanism
is likely used. So my pers. pref would be to
see what can be done in proxy before seeing if
mod_backhand even needs to be ported. I don't think
that the web server should need to do everything :)