httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Weird error: httpd dies with mmap permission denied
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:04:26 GMT
Joe Orton said:

> You've been bitten by SELinux, see /var/log/messages for the
> corresponding avc denial message.  It's either:
>
> 1) an elusive bug seen by some FC3 users where shared library SELinux
> labels go awry, fixed by running "fixfiles restore" as root.

Just tried fixfiles restore, and it's back to life again - thanks!

Reading the links you listed and using ps axZ | grep httpd, it shows this:

[root@fosvn01 SPECS]# ps axZ | grep httpd
root:system_r:unconfined_t      17684 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep httpd

Is it supposed to be unconfined_t or have I screwed it up?

Regards,
Graham