httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.3 mod_disk_cache partial responses
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:13:37 GMT
On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:11:44PM +1100, dean wrote:
> Ive enabled mod_disk_cache in the 'stock-standard' httpd.conf, and
> cached pages come back wrong (missing images & css)
> Ive found a bugzilla report that explained the exact same behaviour [Bug
> 31486].

Are you using the proxy by any chance?

The error message in #31486 has nothing directly to do with mod_cache as
mod_cache will DECLINED a response if the on-disk files are missing.  So, that
analysis is incorrect somehow.  (I've added some comments to that PR.)

> By looking at the headers, cached images return 206 Partial Response.

mod_disk_cache would never cache a 206 Partial Response sent via the proxy.
Only the byteranges will, and that is independent of mod_*_cache.  (I verified
that byterange responses work correctly.)

Can you please capture a specific set of requests and responses at the network
layer?  What browser and OS are you using?

Thanks.  -- justin