httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: FakeBasicAuth - a howto anywhere?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:34:57 GMT
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 12:40:56PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> The FakeBasicAuth SSLOption seems to be the solution - but the
> documentation only describes what FakeBasicAuth tries to achieve, but it
> doesn't explain how to actually use it.

Are you looking at FakeBasicAuth under
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html#ssloptions ?

> Does someone have a config example of FakeBasicAuth in action? Once I know
> how, I will update the docs to be more clear.

Simple:

SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth

And then turn on basic auth as you would for plain passwords.
FakeBasicAuth will then act as if the user entered the certificate DN as
user and password as password.
There's an example in my mod_ssl talk from ApacheCon 2004 - see page 19
of http://cvs.apache.org/~mads/ac2004/MO18mod_ssl.pdf

vh

Mads Toftum