httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r124599 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/config5.m4
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:21:50 GMT
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 02:09:06PM +0100, Erik Abele wrote:
> On 23.01.2005, at 18:43, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 01:11:34AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >>Please describe what this actually does?
> >>
> >>Are we back to libproxy.la, libssl.la after this change?
> >
> >For static modules, yes.  This was modified in r102381 by Joe:
> >
> >---
> >Correct use of libtool: libtool convenience libraries which are to be
> >linked directly into a program must be linked using -static and not
> >-module.  Fixes build issues with libtool HEAD.
> >---
> >
> >Erik's change just catches up the manual modules to this change.  --
> >justin
>
> Exactly, this just keeps --with-module consistent with the rest of the
> build system, in respect to the changes introduced by Joe. (Sorry,
> Bill, I somehow missed your original mail...)

Actually it doesn't, there was a subsequent change to use "libmod_*.la"
for statically-linked modules, since creating a "libfoo.la" which is
linked against a "-lfoo" confuses libtool.  On 2.0 statically-linked
modules still use filenames like "mod_*.la", so it's not consistent with
that either ;)

I wasn't sure: what motivated your change, just consistency?  My changes
were made to fix issues using as-yet-unreleased versions of libtool.

joe