httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <apn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: LimitRequestBody directive for HTTP response 413 error
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:18:01 GMT
Thanks Jeff. I already search and replace PostSizeLimit="10000000" with PostSizeLimit="204800000"
(200MB), but I still cannot upload a huge file > 10MB.
The interesting thing is I couldn't even get HTTP 413 response error anymore, and the page
just display "Page cannot be displayed" after uploading a file for 30 seconds.

Am I missing something here? please advise more. thanks!!

Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:27:35 -0800 (PST), Joe Smith wrote:
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> In plugin config in websphere, PostSizeLimit="10000000", so this is only
> 10MB. Looks like this is the issue. Because I couldn't upload a file > 10MB.
> What do you think?

yes... you or somebody else has configured the WebSphere plug-in to
reject request bodies which are larger than that 10000000 bytes...
for your file upload of size > 10000000 bytes, this value for
PostSizeLimit will result in the WebSphere plug-in returning a 413
error to the web server (in your case, IHS), and the web server will
relay the 413 error back to the client

>Because I was using TCP Monitor tool to monitor the HTTP
> response, and I got the following, that's why I think this is Apache Web
> Server problem.
>
> > > By the way, this is the HTTP response:
> > > HTTP/1.1 413 Request Entity Too Large
> > > Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:25:50 GMT
> > > Server: IBM_HTTP_SERVER/1.3.26.2 Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)

That web server is IBM HTTP Server, not Apache. The "Apache/1.3.26"
portion of the server string indicates the level of Apache on which
that particular level of IBM HTTP Server was based.