httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <apn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: LimitRequestBody directive for HTTP response 413 error
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:27:35 GMT
Thanks Jeff,

In plugin config in websphere, PostSizeLimit="10000000", so this is only 10MB. Looks like
this is the issue. Because I couldn't upload a file > 10MB. What do you think? Because
I was using TCP Monitor tool to monitor the HTTP response, and I got the following, that's
why I think this is Apache Web Server problem.

Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:59:01 -0800 (PST), Joe Smith wrote:

> LimitRequestBody directive
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody)
> in httpd.conf is used to specify the limit on the allowed size of an HTTP
> request.
> According to the doc., if I don't want any limit, then I don't need to add
> this
> directive in httpd.conf. Correct?
>
> Then how come I keep getting this HTTP response when I upload > 10MB files
> in my JSP application.
>
> > By the way, this is the HTTP response:
> > HTTP/1.1 413 Request Entity Too Large
> > Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:25:50 GMT
> > Server: IBM_HTTP_SERVER/1.3.26.2 Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
> > Connection: close
> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
> Even I added this directive, it is still unable to upload a file > 10MB. I
> really feel
> very frustrated now, and have no clue what to do next.

a) checking could be performed by the application or app server or app
server plug-in; start by looking for PostSizeLimit in the WebSphere
plug-in config file

b) get IBM to investigate by opening a PMR with IBM support; generally
speaking, the folks hanging out here do not know what IBM HTTP Server
is and cannot field questions on it; discussions here are generally
limited to the web server which you download from httpd.apache.org
(you could do packet trace yourself between plug-in and app server to
see which side is generating the 413, thus narrowing the scope of
investigation dramatically)