httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <apn...@yahoo.com>
Subject LimitRequestBody directive for HTTP response 413 error
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 05:59:01 GMT

LimitRequestBody directive (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody)
in httpd.conf is used to specify the limit on the allowed size of an HTTP request.
According to the doc., if I don't want any limit, then I don't need to add this
directive in httpd.conf. Correct?

Then how come I keep getting this HTTP response when I upload > 10MB files in my JSP application.

> By the way, this is the HTTP response:
> HTTP/1.1 413 Request Entity Too Large
> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:25:50 GMT
> Server: IBM_HTTP_SERVER/1.3.26.2 Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
> Connection: close
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Even I added this directive, it is still unable to upload a file > 10MB. I really feel
very frustrated now, and have no clue what to do next.

please advise. thanks!!