httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Modules\ssl Query
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:45:35 GMT
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 07:24:50AM +1100, NormW wrote:
> Greetings All and best wishes for the New Year.
> Trying a build of the mod_ssl in Apache 2.1 head for NetWare on a Winbox
> (practice mostly) and find there are two files with 'odd' extensions:
>
>   ssl_expr_parse.y
>   ssl_expr_scan.l
>
> both of which seem to be supplied from www.openssl.org, whose site does
> not show support for Apache 2.

Uhm, no - they are part of mod_ssl.

> When I try to build using the NWGNUmakefile in the directory, 'make'
> wants to run yacc against ssl_expr_parse.y, which, of course, fails.
> Even more strangely, if I remove these two files from the directory, the
> build goes through to completion and I get mod_ssl.nlm at the end.

Looks like you have a timestamp problem then - because they shouldn't
need to be rebuilt. The release script takes care of fixing those for
httpd releases - and you could do the same by making sure that the date
is more recent on the output files.

> Anyone able to elaborate on what these two files are for and wether or
> not I really do need to install yacc?

You don't need to rebuild those files, so no need for yacc and friends.

vh

Mads Toftum