httpd-dev mailing list archives

From NY...@aol.com
Subject mod_rewrite with php
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:47:13 GMT
Hello!

I am trying to write a simple statement in mod_rewrite that acts as a  pseudo
redirect.

Any request on the website that has "pda" at the beginning of it is  going to
grab Clpocket.php instead of the given URI. For the pda script to work
however, I need the original URI (before redirect) passed to the php  script.

Will the original URI be passed via HTTP header, or do I have to setup a
parameter? And if a parameter is needed, how do I accomplish this?

This is how I have the rewrite formatted:

RewriteRule /pda* "/apache2.0/htdocs/Clpocket.php"

Please help!

James