httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: FakeBasicAuth - a howto anywhere?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:26:37 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik said:

> Yes - by adding a module or using the auth_anon module. But this really
> should be cleaned up :-) and result in a credentials or facts listing
> passed around with the request - rather than those easily forged headers
> we add now internally (and the breakage when you do an internal redirect).

I tried to use the mod_authn_anon module, but it insisted on asking the
browser for the username (and thus a pointless login screen pops up on the
browser), rather than reading the username as populated by FakeBasicAuth.
It looks like FakeBasicAuth is either not doing anything, or is doing what
it does too late in the process to be effective.

Regards,
Graham