httpd-dev mailing list archives

From mfb...@mchsi.com
Subject 4GB File size limit
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:03:16 GMT
I need apache to serve up files greater than 4GB. Currently, even with large
files enabled, it will not serve a file over 4GB on either windows or linux.
When doing so, it shows the file size as being the original size mod 4GB. Ex:
if the file is 4.2GB, when you go to download it, it says the file is 0.2GB.

I've looked through the source and found that a 4 byte int is used for file
offset stuff in many places, which would explain the behavior.

The project I'm on desperately needs this functionality.

I would like to know if the developers have this on their list of features to
add in the near future?

Thanks