httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Patch for bug 18757 breaks TLS upgrade - [Content-Length is removed from HEAD requests]
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:14:40 GMT
   OK, now that you have enabled upgrades for anything other than
OPTIONS, I see the problem.  Even though there is a content-length
included in the header, you are saying that the header is being sent
encrypted but the content is not, correct?  And the reason for this is
because there is more than one filter stack that needs to be modified?

Brad

>>> jorton@redhat.com Tuesday, December 07, 2004 4:18:13 PM >>>
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 03:00:52PM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    So what are you suggesting that the appropriate fix should be?
Even
> though the protocol.c patch was bogus, it sounds like might have
exposed
> something else.  In fact I am still not seeing where the problem is.

Try doing an upgrade on any request where the response includes an
entity.

I originally tried modifying ssl_io_filter_init and upwards to take an
optional request_rec * and pass that to ap_add_output_filter but this
broke everything horribly.  Possibly I just missed some subtlety but
if
that's fatally flawed I have no better ideas.

joe