httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: How to change ap_document_root variable from a apache2 module ?
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:29:38 GMT
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Nobody is saying anything about doing it anywhere within a request.

Huh?  What are you smoking?

> obviously you can't change the doc_root after the fact, but I see no
> reason to not be able to do it prior to each request in the filename
> translation hook

Erm, where can I find a filename translation hook outside the request?

>	 so other hooks which use the doc_root will function
> correctly.

Hint: document root is a configuration value used *by default* in
filename translation.  Any module can implement its own translation
hook, but trying to change a core configuration value is not only
utterly pointless (your module can use its own variables), it's
working against the apache design, even in a non-threaded MPM.

--
Nick Kew