httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [Patch 30399] New directive CacheIgnoreHeaders to prevent user defined headers from being stored by mod_cache
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:23:39 GMT
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Dick Snippe wrote:

> cachable pages. Prior to apache 2.0.50 this wasn't a very big issue; these
> pages would be cached, many people would be using the same cookie and that
> was that. However, after apache-2.0.50 apache would store cookies as well.
> This resulted in storing multiple cookies for the same web page which
> confused tomcat to the point of breaking.

Can you not work around this with your own "Header set" directives to
override your application's cookies with the proxy's own, or indeed
unset them?

I'm not suggesting this as an alternative to the patch, but rather as
a workaround that'll fix it for you with httpd-2.0.5x as-is now.

> Fortunately the CacheIgnoreHeaders patch solves exactly this problem for us!
> We use it in production on rather busy sites and it works perfectly.
> Since I'd rather use regular apache-2.0.x versions instead of CVS checkouts,
> I'd like to see this patch backported to 2.0.x, please.

Nothing against backporting the patch, but I'd need to review it before
voting +1 (as opposed to +0).

--
Nick Kew