httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Towards a generic database connection API
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:33:59 GMT

I've updated the proposed DBD API, and written a better description
of it at <URL:http://www.apache.org/~niq/dbd.html>.  This defines
only the API, decoupled from my software implementing it.

The only material change to the software is that I have added
random-access to SELECT result sets, as suggested by several people.
I've also retained my originally-proposed row-iterator access,
as it has a performance advantage for at least MySQL.

For the purposes of this exercise, I'm ruling out APR-ising it:
that's a separate project.  Bearing this in mind, I'd like to
invite comments again.

  * Optimised access to all MPMs

Should we seek to standardise this?

--