httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: mod_actions 1.32 patch never made it to 2.0
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:43:08 GMT
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> A co-worker of mine pointed out that the following works in Apache
> 1.3, but not 2.0 if the location /foo, doesn't exist on the disk:
>
> AddHandler foobar /cgi-bin/printenv
> <Location /foo>
>     SetHandler foobar
> </Location>
>
> This patch ports this behavior forward into 2.0.

r1.32 of mod_actions in the httpd-2.0 CVS module is a 2.1.x revision
number.  It adds a "virtual" option to the Action directive, "which allows
the use of handlers for virtual locations" (according to the commit log),
which I think does match up with what you're asking for here.  But then
why this patch instead of backporting r1.32 to the 2.0.x branch?  Is there
a revision number for similar behavior in apache 1.3?  Oh, I see... that
would be r1.33 of mod_actions in the apache-1.3 CVS module.  That does
indeed match up with your patch.

So why is this same general behavior unconditional in httpd 1.3 but
non-existant in 2.0 and requires a "virtual" flag on 2.1?  Andre?
Thoughts?  The "virtual" thing was your doing...

--Cliff