httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r111386 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES /httpd/httpd/trunk/include/httpd.h /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/http_protocol.c
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:46:11 GMT
--On Thursday, December 9, 2004 11:26 AM -0500 Geoffrey Young
<geoff@modperlcookbook.org> wrote:

> well, I guess it depends on whether the goal is to help (for some definition
> of help) support official HTTP variants (if indeed that's what 3229 is), or
> just for things we actually take the time to implement fully.

I think it only makes sense for us to have the status lines for the things we
actually implement.  I'm not going to veto it, but just that I think it's
foolish for us to add status lines for the goofy 'variants' of HTTP that we'll
never support.  IETF's stamp of approval means little as they've produced
their fair share of crappy RFCs trying to hop on the HTTP bandwagon.  -- justin