httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Patch for bug 18757 breaks TLS upgrade - [Content-Length is removed from HEAD requests]
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:22:49 GMT
--On Wednesday, December 8, 2004 9:33 AM +0000 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 05:14:40PM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>>    OK, now that you have enabled upgrades for anything other than
>> OPTIONS, I see the problem.  Even though there is a content-length
>> included in the header, you are saying that the header is being sent
>> encrypted but the content is not, correct?  And the reason for this is
>> because there is more than one filter stack that needs to be modified?
>
> Yes.  I think this fixes it, it's a bit of a hack though:

Isn't this the issue Stas keeps bringing up about the filters?  See STATUS -
in particular "the edge connection filter cannot be removed" - I believe it's
listed as a showstopper currently.

Should we invest time to just fix this the 'right' way?

IIRC, the only real way to fix it is to go back to a doubly-linked list of
some sort.  But, there might be some other clever ways of dealing with this.

*shrug*  -- justin