httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Strahl" <rstr...@west-wind.com>
Subject RE: Apache and Application driven Basic Auth
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:35:47 GMT
Thanks Geoff,

> I think you need a Require directive

Yes I do <g>... but as soon as I put a Require in there it tries to validate
every request into the directory. This is not what's requried.

I need conditional authentication that's generated through the application.
I can do this with my own implementation of course, but it seems Apache
should allow me to do this under program control. IIS handles this no
problem...

There's an update to where I'm at here:

http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/1211.aspx

I now at least have Authentication working, but it's still not what I'd like
to see for the app server with users getting the ability to simply ask for
auth from within the application by sending a 401 header.

+++ Rick ---

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies
http://www.west-wind.com/