httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Client Authentication POST Problem (fwd)
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:32:55 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

[...]

> Interesting; yes it makes sense to refactor the tempfile logic
> from the parsing logic.  The parser can still use file buckets,
> but instead of the entire file contents, it introspects just a
> specific range of bytes (or multiple ranges of bytes) in that
> temp file.  So if we had two mime 'files', A and B, the apreq2
> contents for A and B would be offset/size pointers into the
> single tempfile.  IIUC, today, apreq2 creates 2 temp files for
> the two different mime bodies.

+1.  Changing apreq to share a common file bucket wouldn't be a
simple thing, because certain functions in the perl api expose the
spool file's name, and people are expecting that to be per-upload
and hard-linkable.  Not a showstopper though, it'd just a bit more
work within the perl glue to support the kind of optimization you're
suggesting.

--
Joe Schaefer