httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Hackathon during Q1 2005?
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 06:37:49 GMT
At 06:19 AM 12/11/2004, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
>> During ApacheCon, a number of us had talked about holding more frequent
>> face-to-face meetings (or summits or whatever).  Fred is willing to find a
>> place for us at Apple with space and 'net access.  Fred's suggested around
>> the week of February 7th, 2005.  That would work for me as well.
>>
>> So, how many people would be interested, willing, and able to make it?
>
>Alternatively - I/www.asemantics.com is willing to arrange one in Europe -
>the Netherlands. Perhaps a lot later in the year -OR- at the SAME time(and
>wee then will link the two locations). Location will be easy to reach from
>Airport Schiphol by public transport. Need about 1 or 2 months lead time.

In the quarters that ApacheCon/US and ApacheCon/Euro come together,
this seems redundant.  My other question - does it make sense to do
both an EU and US in the same quarter?  Or if we get 2 cons/year,
should we just add 2 hackathons/year, one in each continent?

(Actually - all of this Euro talk reminds me how less-than-optimal
the west coast really is for European participants.  The east coast
seems like a short hop by comparison.)

Bill