httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Maynard <nick.mayn...@alumni.doc.ic.ac.uk>
Subject Re: RFC for a Perchild-like-MPM
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:25:54 GMT
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but IMHO (as someone who's an appalling
C developer), we really really need perchild or something like it to
work.  Having tried MetuxMPM (and got annoyed with its inability to deal
with SSL), I believe some serious work needs to be done here.

Unfortunately, I suck at C.

> - What are the other design considerations to doing 'perchild' the
> 'right' way?
My only consideration is this.  We are in the process of implementing a
per-UID bandwidth accounting setup on our hosts.  I think the process of
using the frontend to handle the socket would mean that all traffic
would go through this frontend process (and thus the UID owning it).
This would preclude our traffic measures from having any meaning.  Does
anyone have any thoughts on this?

--

Nick Maynard
nick.maynard@alumni.doc.ic.ac.uk