httpd-dev mailing list archives

From NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>
Subject Re: PCRE warnings while building httpd trunk
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:45:19 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While building the latest trunk of httpd, I am getting these warnings at
> the end of the build:
>
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
> /Users/minfrin/src/apache/sandbox/rpm/httpd-2.1.3/srclib/pcre/.libs/libpcre.a(pcreposix.o)
> definition of _regcomp in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regexec
> /Users/minfrin/src/apache/sandbox/rpm/httpd-2.1.3/srclib/pcre/.libs/libpcre.a(pcreposix.o)
> definition of _regexec in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib(regexec.So) definition of _regexec
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regfree
> /Users/minfrin/src/apache/sandbox/rpm/httpd-2.1.3/srclib/pcre/.libs/libpcre.a(pcreposix.o)
> definition of _regfree in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib(regfree.So) definition of _regfree
>
> Do these mean anything to anybody?
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --
>

> .

Good morning,
Much a newbie at this but have seen similar issues when multiple
versions of an 'include' exist on the 'included' paths, but they have
different forms of the lines at the top of the files that prevent
redefinitions.

#ifndef AP_LISTEN_H
#define AP_LISTEN_H

Not these specific lines but that category... from the messages, it
seems (at a guess) one file is defining __TEXT and another __text so
that the second one isn't getting shut out... Provided both files have
the same definition it might not be an issue, but CodeWarrior spits the
dummy on this kind of the thing regardless.

HTH,
Norm