httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.1.2-alpha http/ftp proxy/cache problems
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:30:44 GMT
Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
> Both problems described below relate to the http and the ftp proxy with
> cache enabled. URLs and proxy setup are given at the end of this mail.

Hi,

As Justin said it has nothing to do with the cache.
The problem is with the single forward/reverse proxy worker
that is not thread safe for backend address cache.
Address cache is a great thing offering up to 20% higher
performance compared with previous implementation, but for
workers that does not use it (like using Rewrite),
it has a address cache reusage bug.

Since the fix is trivial, I'll commit the changes ASAP.
Will you be able to retest upon the commit?

Regards,
Mladen.