httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject metux MPM, was RFC for a Perchild-like-MPM
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:34:37 GMT
Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> We've done a complete redesign of an multiplexer-based MPM, but it seems
> that no one's really interested in it here. We've supplied patches against
> various httpd2 releases.
>

>     http://nibiru.borg.metux.de:7000/wiki.mpm/

I only see patches for 2.0.48 and .49.  Do you have something against
Subversion Trunk?  Have you tried it against 2.1 yet?

> Many folks are using it quite sucessfully in production environments and
> SuSE (*the* major distributor in middle Europe is already shipping it
> for quite a while).

Great.

> But here on httpd-dev it seems that no one's really interested it.
> Instead of shipping our multiplexer mpm at least as 'experimental'
> (remember: its already in production use for quite a long time),
> there's still just the misdesigned perchild.

Then be active on this mailing list, never stop pushing the code, and it
  has a good chance of getting in.  Honestly, I haven't seen a concerted
effort to get metux mpm back into the mainline, but I welcome one.

I cannot just take one of those patches from the website and commit it
to subversion.  What is the next step, I am not sure, but do not stop
pushing to get your code in.

-Paul