httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_headers -- RequestHeader passing common vars.
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:22:11 GMT
André Malo wrote:
>>A simple patch that calls ap_add_common_vars(r) before processing
>>the variable from r->subprocess_env will do more then enough.
>

> That's a problem. It's way more than enough. ap_add_common_vars takes time
> at every call of %{...}e. Perhaps one should add a new core option or
> directive instead, which adds those vars only once per request, if needed.

Sure. I'll see how to optimize the calls to ap_add_common_vars.
Also not sure if this is really the solution I was seeking for.

Here is how things work now (I think):

CLIENT->HEADERS_IN->PROCESSING->HEADERS_OUT->CLIENT

Here is how it should work:

1. CLIENT->HEADERS_IN->PROXY->HEADERS_BOUT->BACKEND
2. BACKEND->HEADERS_BIN->PROXY->HEADERS_OUT->CLIENT

The problem is that the HEADERS_BIN and HEADERS_BOUT filters
are missing, or at least I'm not aware how to use them.

Any ideas how to make something like that.
Perhaps adding two new filters is the way to go, or extending
the early|late concept to fulfill those.

>>Second thing is setting the unknown value to string "(null)".
>

> Please separate these two issues. We have an "atomic commit" policy, which
> makes it a lot easier to review and/or revert patches.

Of course.

Regards,
Mladen.