httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: [1.3 PATCH] Select SSL version on ab command line
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:30:04 GMT
* Sander Temme wrote:

> The following patch (inline and attached) expands the experimental -s
> flag to ab to specify the SSL version used for the benchmark run. Valid
> versions are SSLv2, SSLv3, TLSv1 and ANY in which case the program will
> use the highest version available. This code is active when httpd is
> configured with CFLAGS="-DUSE_SSL" and LDFLAGS="-lssl -lcrypto".
> Downside: getopt(3) doesn't allow for an optional optarg, so a bare -s
> no longer works. I could possibly hack around that by scanning the bare
> argv string but that seems to me like a significant can of worms.

The solution is simple. Use -s for turning on SSL and another flag for the
version. I'd suggest anyway to start with 2.1 and then go down the backport
chain. That's the desired way.

Already I've seen people (really!) write web URLs in the form:
[...] How soon until greengrocers start writing "apples $1\pound"
or something?                           -- Joona I Palaste in clc

View raw message