httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: mod_actions 1.32 patch never made it to 2.0
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:58:35 GMT
* Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > > I'm sorry, but no it is not.  I know something about this, and we
> > > spent a lot of time and energy trying to ensure that a config that
> > > worked in 1.3 worked the same way in 2.0.
> >
> > Well, you had no luck, it seems.
>
> That's just not true.  90% of the directives in Apache 1.3 did not
> change their meaning in the port to 2.0.

There are so much subtle differences. E.g. DirectoryIndex works slightly
different, causing many problems (with handlers in <Location>, with
RewriteRules etc.)

But anyway, you've convinced me somehow. What about the following
suggestion:
We take the new flag and give it two possible values 'virtual' and
'physical' (or so), making virtual default.

That way it's consistent with 1.3 (though not with previous 2.0 releases!)
and even consistent in itself.

Opinions?

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa