httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Weigelt <weig...@metux.de>
Subject Re: WebDAV and reading / writing files as system users
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:44:29 GMT
* Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

Hi,

> Yes.  I don't know of anyone successfully using perchild.  There is another
> group working on a successor called something like mpmmux, but they've
> been rather quite too.
metuxmpm has been reported to be running successfully in production
environments.

<snip>
> > Can perchild support the idea of becoming a user specified via an auth
> > module using something like basic authentication?
>
> Not with its current design.  For one thing, it needs to have a pool of
> child threads available for each possible user, which would make it rather
> inappropriate for a large number of users.  For another thing, it
> currently only supports different users on a per-vhost basis.   But I
> suppose that last restriction would be easy enough to relax.

We've exactly the same problems in metuxmpm for now :(
(see my last posting)

But we're already working on demand-starting.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481