httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Weigelt <weig...@metux.de>
Subject Re: Towards a generic database connection API
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:13:38 GMT

<big_snip />

Aehm, what kind of database access are we talking about ?
Full SQL quering or just something like sendmail's map-API ?

If we really need full SQL, I would suggest something like unixodbc
or perl DBI. But I'm not in favour of reinventing the wheel and
having yet another SQL framework which redundantly eats up resources.

An smaller api (ie sendmail-type) should also not directly go to
apr, instead be an separate package which is simply imported by
the apache stuff like others too.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de