httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Patch for bug 18757 breaks TLS upgrade - [Content-Length is removed from HEAD requests]
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:39:04 GMT
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 10:14:28AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>   It appears that the patch for bug 18757 which disallows a
> content-length header for all requests with a content-length of 0 is too
> broad.
>
> The bug simply says that the content-length should be removed just for
> HEAD requests.  By removing it for all requests including an OPTIONS
> requests, causes the SSL handshake to fail after a TLS upgrade (somebody
> with more knowledge of SSL would have to explain why).  According to the

I tested the TLS upgrade stuff last week and it failed because the
zero-length chunk to terminate the OPTIONS response was not sent through
the mod_ssl output filter; is that the same problem you see?

The problem was that r->connection->output_filters had been correctly
adjusted to use the SSL output filter but r->output_filters had not,
which looks purely like an issue in mod_ssl.

joe