httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: mod_dumpio
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:00:23 GMT
* Jim Jagielski wrote:

> =?iso-8859-1?q?Andr=E9_Malo?= wrote:

> > Anyway, I think, finally the dumpio code should be pluggable to
> > mod_filter,= =20
> > but that can be done at any time.
>
> Actually, I don't quite agree. It seems almost a capability best
> left to another module, instead of bundled with mod_filter.
> Small, self-contained modules are usually best, since it allows
> the admins who run Apache to better tune and configure their
> servers without a lot of "fat".

Oh, perhaps a misunderstanding. It could still be self containing. The point
is, that mod_filter already provides a debugging API with a
not-yet-implemented possibility to dump the data at any point of the filter
stream. It would be quite nice, if it could just use the dumping code of
mod_dumpio for that purpose (optional function or so). I'd guess, we're on
the same side here :)

nd
--
Das einzige, das einen Gebäudekollaps (oder auch einen
thermonuklearen Krieg) unbeschadet übersteht, sind Kakerlaken