httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_dumpio
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:51:32 GMT
=?iso-8859-1?q?Andr=E9_Malo?= wrote:

> * Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > The feedback I rec'd regarding mod_dumpio was that it looked
> > like a useful module and that the "best" fit would be
> > in the (new) debug subdir... I'd like to commit the module,
> > so please speak up now :)
>
> mod_bucketeer would fit also in such a directory, doesn't it?
>
> Anyway, I think, finally the dumpio code should be pluggable to mod_filter,=
> =20
> but that can be done at any time.

Actually, I don't quite agree. It seems almost a capability best
left to another module, instead of bundled with mod_filter.
Small, self-contained modules are usually best, since it allows
the admins who run Apache to better tune and configure their
servers without a lot of "fat".

    "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."