httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: Bug report for Apache httpd-2.0 [2004/12/06]
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:05:57 GMT

----+
> | Bugzilla Bug ID

> |     |         OPN=Reopened    VER=Verified    (Skipped
Closed/Resolved)   |
> |     |
> |     |   | Severity: BLK=Blocker     CRI=Critical    MAJ=Major
|
> |     |   |           MIN=Minor       NOR=Normal      ENH=Enhancement
|
> |     |   |
> |     |   |   | Date Posted
|
> |     |   |   |
> |     |   |   |          | Description
|
> |     |   |   |          |

> | 7862|New|Enh|2002-04-09|suexec never log a group name.

> |24331|New|Nor|2003-11-02|SSLPassPhraseDialog exec: always default
port in a|

+-----+---+---+----------+----------------------------------------------
----+
> | Total  456 bugs

----+

These two are the ones I have posted patches for, and they affect and
apply to 2.0-HEAD and 2.1-HEAD.  They are very simple, maybe 3-5 lines
each.  Help make it 454 bugs!  0.4% less bugs!  Woo!  :)

One patch (SSLPassPhraseDialog) makes the code work the way it is
already documented (currently always passes port 443 which is wrong).

The other patch (suexec) makes the log file more consistent with the way
it handles uname/uid and gname/gid (currently name/# and #/#, should be
name/# and name/#).  As some weary sysadmin may not notice gname/gid
12345/12345 actually belongs to evilgroup/12345.  I've left even more
detailed descriptions on each bug report's page.

I've tried my best to follow the suggestions on "How to Contribute
Patches to Apache" ( http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html ).
Please, someone else, can you verify?  Perhaps even test the patch(es)?
Change the priority to MIN or ENH if you want.

Regarding point 2, should I ask on the users list for volunteers to test
the patches before asking the devs here to review?

Regarding point 3, style suggestions.  One patch may have an extra
newline (whitespace) after an if/else if/else block.  I'm not sure if it
100% adheres to the style on that point, but the style adheres in every
other regard.

Regarding point 3, documentation.  I'm not sure what or where it needs
documenting.

Regarding points 4 and 5, when I have time I'll check Bugzilla, and if I
can respond or fix, I'll do so.  This may be the rare occasion where I
was actually able to fix something or clean up other's patches and
update the bugzilla entries.  :p

Leif

squeak squeak