httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Use threaded MPM by default was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 14:30:31 GMT
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> MPM on a platform that does not support it, the build process silently
> switches to prefork (or whatever the default is for the platform, I guess)
> now, I haven't seen this myself, so I don't want to propagate FUD, but if
> it's true I might suggest that halting the build process is preferable to
> switching behind the scenes (or even switching with a little warning) - from

That does seem to match my memory of the situation, fwiw.  I would have no
problem with halting the build if they specified --with-threads and none
were available, though I would have a problem with halting the build if
using a threaded MPM were simply used by default and none were available.

--Cliff