httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject [ANN] mod_example_ipc
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:21:07 GMT
Folks,

I have released a small module that demonstrates how to access shared
resources in an Apache 2.0 module. Mod_example_ipc uses APR locking and
shared memory routines to increment a shared counter whenever the
module is accessed.

The code can be found at the following URL:

http://www.temme.net/sander/mod_example_ipc/

The code has been tested on FreeBSD 4.10 and MacOSX 10.3.6.

While I think that the way mod_example_ipc works is the right way to
access shared resoruces, it could be that I'm severely wrong. If this
is the case, I hope someone will step up and tell me how to do it
better.

Enjoy,

Sander