httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: mod_comment
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:54:18 GMT

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Monday, November 29, 2004 10:41 AM -0800 Greg Stein
> <gstein@lyra.org> wrote:
>
>> but we were not allowed to remove features. Removing the fp from the
>> API would have disabled this "feature" in mod_perl, among others.
>

> I can't tell you how often I've been bitten personally by mod_perl
> trying to reparse our configuration because of this 'feature.'  It needs
> to go away big time.

sorry, but I'm not following.  can you guys be specific (code wise) about
what is supposed to be forbidden?  my only knowledge of mod_perl using that
file pointer is when implementing <Foo> containers where we (of course) need
to know what is between the opening and closing markers.  but in that
respect, we are no different from any other module that wants to implement a
RAW_ARGS directive...

--Geoff